FLOW AND GROW SELF-STUDY COURSE
Release & Participation Agreement
Thank you for participating in the Flow and Grow Self-Study Course (the “Course”) presented by Nancy Mae (the “Presenter”). This Agreement contains important information the Presenter needs to share with you and for you to understand. By participating in the Course you agree to the following:
1. The Course is designed to help participants learn to energetically align their mental, physical, emotional and spiritual selves for overall health and wellbeing. However, you understand the information presented during the Course, including manuals, handouts, ideas, suggestions, techniques, training, exercises, instructions, visualizations, and other materials, is educational in nature and is provided only as general information and is not medical or psychological advice.
2. By participating in the Course you understand you will be introduced to energy medicine and other related information in the field of energy healing (collectively “Energy Medicine”). Energy Medicine is a collective term used to refer to a variety of energy techniques and methods based on the use, modification, and manipulation of energy fields that assess where the body’s energies are blocked or not in harmony and then correct the flow of these energies thereby aligning the body’s energies to boost health and vitality. The prevailing premise of Energy Medicine is that the flow and balance of the body’s electromagnetic and more subtle energies are important for physical, spiritual, and emotional health, and for fostering wellbeing.
3. Although Energy Medicine appears to have promising emotional, spiritual and physical health benefits, it has yet to be researched by the Western academic, medical, and psychological communities and therefore, is considered experimental. Energy Medicine is self-regulated and the State of California does not license any Energy Medicine practitioners and considers it to be alternative or complementary to the healing arts that are licensed by the State of California. While the Presenter has experience as a healing arts practitioner, you understand the Presenter is not a psychologist, psychotherapist, physician, or other licensed health care provider nor are her services licensed by the State of California. Since Energy Medicine is a relatively new approach to health and wellness, and the extent of its effectiveness, as well as its risks and benefits, are not fully known, you agree to assume and accept full responsibility for any and all risks associated with using Energy Medicine and for applying what you may learn from participating in the Course.
4. You understand that the Course is an experiential program and is not to be considered treatment for any physical/medical problem, or emotional or mental disorder, nor is the Course a substitute for traditional methods of medical or psychological treatment. You agree to consult with your health care provider(s) for any specific medical or psychological problems and to continue any medical or psychological treatment that you’re currently receiving. In addition, you understand that any information shared during the Course is not to be considered a recommendation that you stop seeing any of your health care professionals or using prescribed medication, if any, without consulting with your health care professional, even if after using Energy Medicine it appears and indicates that such medication or therapy is unnecessary.
5. Please be advised by participating in the Course, it’s possible to experience some emotional distress or physical discomfort. You agree to stop any process, exercise, or any other Course activity should your participation in the Course inadvertently activate distressing reactions in you. Also in such event you agree to notify the Presenter and to seek professional help, if needed. If you have any concerns about your experiences in the Course, or if you have questions or concerns about Energy Medicine, please feel free to ask the Presenter for further resources.
6. You understand the Presenter makes no warranty, guarantee, or prediction regarding any outcome for you using Energy Medicine during or after the Course for any particular purpose or outcome. You agree to take full responsibility for your self-care in the emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual dimensions of your life. You acknowledge that your participation in the Course is not intended to create nor does it establish a client-practitioner relationship or any other type of professional relationship between you and the Presenter.
7. You understand your participation in the Course is strictly voluntary, at your own risk, and that you freely choose to participate. You represent you’re competent and able to understand the nature and consequences of participating in the Course. You also agree that this Agreement is intended to be a complete unconditional release of liability and assumption of risk to the greatest extent permitted by law and that if any portion hereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance of this Agreement shall continue in full force and affect. This Agreement shall be binding upon you and your heirs, legal representative, and assigns. You represent that you are an adult under the laws of the State of your residence and you have the right to enter into this Agreement.
8. Any and all matters in dispute between the parties to this Agreement, whether arising from or relating to the Agreement itself, or arising from alleged extra-contractual facts prior to, during, or subsequent to the Agreement, including, without limitation, fraud, misrepresentation, negligence or any other alleged tort or violation of the contract, shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of State of California, without regard to conflicts of law doctrines and regardless of the legal theory upon which such matter is asserted. If any portion of this Agreement is held to be invalid, it is agreed that the balance of the Agreement shall continue in full force and affect. This Agreement may not be amended except in writing signed by both parties. No waiver by any party of any right under this Agreement will be construed as a waiver of any other right. If a court finds any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable as applied to any circumstance, then the remainder of this Agreement will be interpreted to best carry out the intent of the parties.
For good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, you and your heirs agree to fully release, indemnify, hold harmless, and defend, Nancy Mae, her employees, staff members, agents, representatives, consultants, volunteers, and others associated with Nancy Mae, from any and all claims or liability, of whatsoever kind or nature, and for any damage or injury, including but not limited to, financial, personal, emotional, psychological, medical, or otherwise, which you may incur arising at any time as a result of your voluntary decision to participate in the Course.